Mobil Delvac 1 Gear Oil 75W-140
Mobil Delvac™ 1 Gear Oil 75W-140 is a fully synthetic drivetrain lubricant engineered to meet demanding performance requirements including Scania STO 1:0, Scania STO 2:0 A and API GL-5. This product is designed for use in heavy-duty drivetrains that require gear lubricants with relatively high viscosity and excellent load-carrying capability and where extreme pressures and shock loading are expected. Mobil Delvac 1 Gear Oil incorporates synthetic basestock and advanced additives providing significant advantages over mineral gear oils.
The state-of-the-art technology in Mobil Delvac 1 Gear Oil 75W-140 excellent performance for wide temperature range application, helps to protect against thermal degradation and oxidation and contributes to reduced wear and corrosion, improved shear stability and fuel economy.
It is formulated to provide an inherently higher viscosity index using synthetic base oils providing stronger film strength at higher temperatures than mineral oils. This technology also ensures effective lubrication at below freezing temperatures without channelling.
Features and Benefits
Today’s technology has vastly improved the performance capabilities of heavy-duty on and off-highway equipment in terms of load, torque, speed, control, and reliability through innovative drivetrain designs. These designs have markedly changed and increased the requirements of lubricants to deliver this higher level of performance, increase productivity, and reduce operating costs. For heavy duty drivetrains, friction control, wear protection, thermal stability, shear stability, rust and corrosion prevention, and seal protection are features that must be optimally balanced to contribute to extended gear and seal life, smooth operation and high load high torque capability over a wide range of applications and operating environments.
Recommended by ExxonMobil for use in:
• Heavy duty manual transmissions, axles and final drives requiring API GL-5 and Scania STO 1:0 & 2:0 A performance
• On highway light and heavy duty trucks, busses and vans
• Off highway industries including: construction, mining, quarrying, and agriculture
• Other heavy duty industrial gear drives including hypoid and worm gears operating under conditions where high speed/shock load, high speed/low torque, and/or low speed/high torque conditions prevail
• Differentials, final drives, transfer cases and other gear applications where lubricants meeting API service GL-5, multipurpose, or EP gear lubricants are recommended
• Equipment such as winch reduction gears and crawler vehicle propulsion gear drives that are exposed to severe low temperatures
• Not recommended for applications requiring API GL-4 Level performance
• Not intended for automatic, manual, or semiautomatic transmissions for which engine oil or automatic transmission fluids are recommended